Can Windows 10 Be Installed On Any Laptop
There are minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 to run on a laptop or desktop computer. Youll need a 1GHz or faster processor, 2GB of RAM, at least 20GB of space on your hard drive.
You can check your processor and RAM by pressing the Start menu and right clicking on Computer from the right-hand side of menu.
Choose properties and then check the information display. To confirm how much storage space you have, press the Start Menu and click on Computer then under Local Disk youll be able to see how much free space you have.
How To Upgrade From Windows 7 To Windows 11
There can be multiple ways to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 11. We are going to discuss the method which is simplest of all.
- Now on the Control Panel Page, You will a Section labeled as Windows Updates. Click on that link and you will be taken to the Windows Update page.
- Now from the Windows Update page, click on the Check for Updates button and windows will start to check for the recent updates.
- Once windows have searched for the updates, you can simply click the Install Updates button to install all updates.
- As an alternative, you can click any of the two options which provide a number of available updates and a number of optional updates.
- Now you will a list of updates. You can select and install any update by selecting the dialogue boxes.
- If you see, Windows 11 Upgrade option in the list, select that option and click on Install updates.
- Your Windows 7 will start to upgrade to Windows 11.
How To Install Windows 10
This article was written by Jack Lloyd. Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. He is technology enthusiast and an English teacher.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 475,080 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to install Windows 10 on your PC. To do this, you’ll need to hold down a key while Windows is starting up, which will launch a menu that lets you start the computer from either a USB drive or a CD/DVD with the Windows 10 installer on it.The following instructions show doing a clean install, no programs or data will be kept. If your desire is to do an update install , when you follow the instructions below regarding the Windows 10 installation tool, you will be starting the update while already running your Windows. Any programs not supported by Windows 10 may be left out, otherwise the programs will be there, and all your files will remain.
Recommended Reading: Connect Laptop To Hp Printer
How Do Digital Licenses Work
When you upgrade over an existing, activated copy of Windows, the Setup program checks the current activation status. If it determines the installation is properly activated, it contacts a Microsoft activation server and generates a license certificate that is linked to that hardware.
This automatic activation process is identical whether you use an ISO file to start the upgrade or do so from the downloaded upgrade files.
After that first activation is complete, you can perform a clean install on that same hardware using Windows 10 installation media. As long as the hardware “fingerprint” matches the previous installation ID, the installation is activated automatically.
To check the activation status of a Windows 10 PC, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
A digital license indicates that no product key is necessary.
How To Record Your Computer Screen On Windows 10 Using The Game Bar
- Make sure you have the appropriate graphics card. . In order to begin recording a screencast, you need a hardware encoder, which means that youll need a specific graphics card installed in order to support an encoder like Intel Quick Sync H.260 , Nvidia NVENC , or AMD VCE .
- Press Windows + G and the Game Recorder will appear.
- Record audio
- System audio. The sound from your computer is recorded by default. You can disable it by clicking the settings icon at the bottom left of the window, select the Game DVR tab and scroll down until you see Audio, unselect Record audio when I record game clips.
- Microphone audio . Unfortunately, the Windows 10 Game Recorder is not equipped with voice recording software. If you wish to record your voice during gameplay, you will have to change your computer settings. Watch this video to see how.
- Click the Record button to begin recording. When in full screen, press the Windows key + Alt + G to start and stop recording.
- Share your recording . Once youre finished recording, a file is created and saved to your computer. There is no way to instantly share, however, you can upload to YouTube or any other video hosting site.
You May Like: How To Change Keyboard Color On Msi Laptop
Wait For The Windows 10 Prompt
Once your computer has the latest updates, you’ll need to wait for a Windows icon to pop up in the taskbar on your desktop, letting you know you can reserve Windows 10. Follow the directions on the screen to let Microsoft know that you would like the Windows 10 update. You may enter your email address to confirm the update, but it is not necessary.
When you’re finished with the reservation process, all you can do is sit back and wait for Microsoft to automatically send Windows 10 to your computer, a process that can take several days or weeks. When it’s time to install the update, you will get a notification on your computer.
Silence Notifications With Focus Assist
Focus Assist gives you greater control over the notifications that pop up on your PC. Head to;Settings > System > Focus Assist;and turn off the most annoying notifications so you can work in peace. You can even set Focus Assist to turn on at certain times, only let specific notifications through, or work under specific conditions. Consult our Focus Assist guide for more on customizing notifications.
Recommended Reading: Can You Watch Fios Tv On Laptop
Where’s Safe Mode When You Need It
Safe Mode can be a life-saver in many system-critical problem situations, especially when your device is finding it difficult to start correctly. However, what if one day, you find out that you can no longer activate Safe Mode by pressing the F8 or Shift+F8 keys at boot? Although unnerving, its important to remain calm. What you can try is to boot into Windows first, and then restart the device by pressing the left Shift key. As an alternative, you can also do it by going into Update & Security in Settings. However, bear in mind that neither of these options will be of any help if your PC isnt capable of booting into Windows at all.
You can repeat these steps, substituting suitable names in quotes at the Command Prompt, to create shortcuts for Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt .
Is Windows 11 A Free Upgrade
Windows 11 will be available through a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 PCs and, of course, new PCs later this year. Microsoft has stated that the company is working with retailers and OEMs to make sure the Windows 10 PCs that customers buy today are ready for upgrade to Windows 11.
The free upgrade will begin to roll out “this holiday and continuing into 2022”.
If youre part of the Windows Insider Program however, next week, Microsoft will roll out an early build of Windows 11 to the community.
Read Also: How To Print From Hp Laptop To Hp Printer
What Is The Use Of Emulator
Emulators are used for two most common purposes:
1. For Gaming: Some gamers like to play their favourite Android games on PC as they dont need to worry about battery life. Moreover, they can use little tricks and win easily.
2. Development: Developers before releasing the final version of their app/ game like to test it on several machines. For this, the most common emulator used is Android Studio emulator.
If you wonder, how to install and run Android apps on Windows 10, then we have an effective solution available for you in the form of the best Android emulator for PC. These smart apps help you run your favorite Android app or game on a big PC screen.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free In 2020
Windows 10 still has problems but Windows 7 is about to hit the scrap heap . As such, millions of users must soon jump to Windows 10 for the safety of their data and Microsoft charges $139 for the standard edition. But what if I told you theres a legal way you can still upgrade for free?
02/04 Update: Now Windows 7 has now reached end of life it is no longer safe to store your data on the platform because all new vulnerabilities will be left exposed. Consequently. Ive received a lot of updates asking if this free upgrade hack for Windows 10 still works. I’ve just retested it and it does. I will continue to check this monthly due to high demand.
Free Windows 10 upgrades are still available
Yes, this is no joke. Despite Microsoft ending its free Windows 10 upgrade offer to all users on July 30, 2016, the company has left open a loophole. Theres just one snag: you will need a legal copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 to do this.;
Tip: if you dont have one, you can buy a legal copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 at third part retailers for a fraction of the cost of a Windows 10 licence. Home licences update to Windows 10 Home, Pro licences update to Windows 10 Pro, so choose carefully.;
With that caveat out the way, heres how you get your Windows 10 free upgrade:
Also Check: What Laptop Can Run Ark: Survival Evolved
The Windows 10 System Requirements
It’s a good idea to see if your current computer hardware can run Windows 10. Start off by reviewing the minimum system requirements for Windows 10.
The System Requirements for running Windows 10 as confirmed by Microsoft’s specification page are:
- Processor:;1 gigahertz or faster processor or SoC
- RAM:;1 gigabyte for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space:;16GB for 32-bit OS 20GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card:;DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
If your hardware matches or surpasses these values, you should be able to run Windows 10.
Completing Setup And Signing In To Windows 10
If you have completed a clean installation of Windows and kept nothing, navigate the setup experience with the help of Cortana. If you chose to keep your personal files and apps, you do not need to set up Windows 10 again.
When the Cortana introductory screen displays, you can choose to use Cortana voice recognition or your keyboard and mouse to complete the setup.
If you do not want to use Cortana, click the speaker icon in the lower right corner, and then mute the volume.
When the Let’s start with region. Is this right? screen displays, select your region, and then click Yes.
When the Is this the right keyboard layout? screen displays, select your keyboard layout, and then click Yes.
When the Want to add a second keyboard layout? screen displays, click Add layout and follow the on-screen instructions to add another keyboard layout, or click Skip to continue without a second keyboard layout.
When the Let’s connect you to a network screen displays, select the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect and type your network user name and password, or click Skip for now to continue without connecting to a network.
On the Sign in with Microsoft screen, type your email, phone, or Skype name in the text field, or create an account, and then click Next.
Type your password in the text field, and then click Next.
Read the options displayed on each screen, select the options you want, and then follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Read Also: Can I Connect My Phone Screen To My Laptop
How To Get Iphone Text Messages On Windows 10
You may not know this, but iTunes does more than just playing music and videos. It can also perform backups of your iPhone and restore your files back to your device. Take note that if you do backups using iTunes, you create a copy of all of your files.
That includes your photos, videos, contacts, and documents. Another limitation that this method has is that the backup created cannot be read by computers. You can search for the backup file, but not open and view its contents.
This defeats the purpose of extracting iPhone messages to read them on Windows 10. You can only read your messages once you have restored the backup back to your iPhone. In this case, iTunes will wipe off your iPhoneâs files and replace them with those in your backup.
In any case, iTunes is still an excellent backup program that you can use. Plus, you can install FoneDog iOS Data Recovery to access iPhone messages on Windows 10. Youâll know more about the phone app in the next part of this post.
In the meantime, if you wish to save your messages and other files on your PC to get iPhone text messages on windows 10, hereâs how.
How To Download Windows 10 For Free
When Windows 10 first arrived, nabbing a free upgrade was as simple as clicking the Get Windows 10notification prompt. Things are a bit different now, however. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7, which means theres no more technical support, security updates, or bug-squashing. In other words, Windows 7 is now unsafe to use, making this an excellent time to switch to Windows 10.
Unfortunately, the original free upgrade period for the two older versions ended years ago, and the workaround to get Windows 10 for free with Assistive Technologies ended not long after that. No need to worry, though there are still ways to get Microsofts latest operating system without paying for a new license or breaking any rules.
You May Like: Can You Connect Airpods To Laptop
Deleting Windows 10 Installation Files To Regain Storage Space
The Go Back feature, which allows you to reinstall a previous version of Windows, is available for 10 days after upgrading to Windows 10 . The Windows installation files occupy a large amount of hard drive storage space during that time. The files are deleted automatically after 10 days. However, you can delete them manually if you want to free up storage space before then.
After deleting the files, the Go Back feature is no longer available for restoring a previous version of Windows.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Disk Cleanup.
Select the hard drive where the Windows installation files are stored , and then click OK.
When the Disk Cleanup window opens, click Clean up system files.
Select the hard drive where the Windows installation files are stored , and then click OK.
Wait while Disk Cleanup scans the drive for system files that can be deleted.
Select Previous Windows installation and Temporary Windows installation files, and then click OK to start the cleanup.
When the disk cleanup is complete, more free space is available on the computer hard drive.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free
1. Ensure you’re using a genuine copy of Windows 7 or later. Anything older will not work . If you’re using Windows 7, write down the activation key . A free tool like NirSofts ProduKey will help you find it. ;
2. This is a good stop to pause and back up anything youd like to save on your current PC before continuing. Follow our Windows 10 backup instructions on how to do so.;
3. Visit the . This is an official Microsoft page that may allow you to upgrade for free. Once you’re there, open the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and choose “Upgrade this PC now.”;
4. Accept the terms and choose the upgrade options that lets you keep your files and preferences. Again, having a backup ready at this point is very important so save everything to the cloud or to an SSD or USB.;
5. Reboot your computer and connect it to the internet. Open Settings and choose “Update & Security” and click “Activation.” From here, you can see if the Windows 10 upgrade worked. If not, press an “Activate” button ; this will create a digital Windows 10 product key. Try using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 license key.;
Now that you know how to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, be sure to check out our other Windows 10 tutorials below, including tips on how to uninstall programs on Windows 10, how to find your MAC address in Windows 10, how to create a new folder in Windows 10 and more.
You May Like: Can You Connect Airpods To Laptop