Method : Reset Using Recovery Disc:
- Your Acer recovery disc.
- External USB optical drive OR use a computer with a DVD drive to create a recovery USB drive.
NOTE: Backup important files before using this method.
- Get the required items, turn off your computer.
- Connect the external optical drive/USB recovery drive and power on.
- Press and hold the F12 key on your keyboard as soon as you see the Acer logo. Keep holding down until you enter the boot menu.
- Select the USB optical drive option and hit the F10 key. .
How Do I Factory Reset My Acer Using Acer Recovery Management
Summary You may need to factory reset your Acer laptop to solve system problems or remove personal information from your system. You come right! At this article we will talk about how to factory reset Acer laptop using Acer Recovery Management.
During the recovery process, all data stored on your laptop will be overwritten. This means that all your files will be deleted. Therefore, I recommend you to make a backup of all personal data before starting the recovery process.
Introduction: Acer Laptop Overview
If your acer laptop wont turn on or you need to reset it, there are a few things you can do. First, try plugging in the power cord and using the on-screen instructions to try to start the laptop. If that doesnt work, you can try a battery pull. To do a battery pull, remove the battery and plug in the power cord.
After about 30 seconds have passed, reinsert the battery. If that still doesnt work, youll need to take your laptop to an Acer service center.
If your acer laptop is not behaving as it should, there might be a problem with the battery or the power adapter. In this article we will show you how to reset an acer laptop.
If your Acer laptop is not working and you want to reset it, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery.
2. Open the computer case and remove the screws that hold in the motherboard.
3. Gently lift up the motherboard, disconnecting all cables as you go, and place it on a soft surface.
4. Reconnect all cables, replace the battery, and screw in the screws.
5. Close the computer case and plug in the power cord.
If your Acer laptop is not working right, you may need to reset it. This process will erase all the data on the computer and restore it to its factory settings.
Don’t Miss: Refurbished Computers Definition
Resetting An Acer Laptop
If you’re having trouble with your Acer laptop, one method of troubleshooting that may help do a factory reset. Doing this restores the computer to its original out-of-the-box state. The following steps will remove all the data from the computer. See the sections below for information about backing up your data.
In the Windows Start menu, search for and select Acer Care Center.
Click Recovery Management.
Click Restore in the top tabs, and next to Reset this PC select Get Started.
In the next window choose Remove Everything.
Choose either Just remove my files or Remove everything and clean the drive.
Now select Reset.
Reset Your Acer Laptop With Recovery Partition
If youre having trouble running your operating system, you can restore your laptop to factory settings through the recovery partition.
Its also the best solution if youre wondering how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password.
Read Also: How To Zoom Out On Hp Computer
Easy Steps For Windows 7/8 / 81 To Reset Acer Laptop From Installation Or Repair Disk
Select one of the options, and here you go to Click Reset at the bottom right.
Heres another method about how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password
Remove Windows 10 Password On Acer Laptop
To quickly remove Windows 10 password on your Acer laptop, you can use a password reset disk.
1) Create a password reset disk on another computer with the help of Windows Password Refixer tool. Just need to download and install the Windows Password Refixer tool on another working computer. Launch this tool and follow its on-screen steps to burn it to a USB flash drive to create a password reset disk.
2) Boot Acer laptop from that password reset disk. If you have no idea how to make an Acer laptop boot from USB drive, follow steps in this video.
3) Remove Windows 10 password on Acer laptop. Once your Acer laptop boots from that password reset disk, just select your user and click the Reset Password button to reset your password. Once the password is reset, remove the disk and restart your Acer laptop. After your laptop restarts, you can log in to Windows 10 without password required. Next, you can factory reset your Acer laptop from logging in.
You May Like: How To Shut Down Laptop Using Keyboard
How To Factory Reset Acer Laptop In Acer Care Center
The first method is to use the Acer care center in your Acer laptop to do a factory reset. With Acer Care Center, you can make a backup of your system files, as well as restore the settings and networking drivers. Thus, check if you have installed Acer Care Center in your laptop and then follow the steps below to restore it to factory settings:
- On your Acer laptop, go to the search box and input “Recovery”. Out of the possible options that pop up, select “Acer Recovery Management”.
- Choose “Recovery Management”.
- You will be taken to Acer Care Center where you should select “Get started”, an option that enables you to “Reset your PC”.
- Depending on what you need for your laptop, select the option “Remove files and clean the drive” or choose “Just remove my files”.
- Tap on the “Reset” button at the bottom of the window.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on your screen till you complete the reset.
Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop Via Acer Care Center
All Acer laptops come with a default recovery partition pre-loaded on their hard drives, called Acer Care Center. It is a handy tool that can help you back up your files, restore the system to factory settings, update or reinstall the drivers, and more.
So, to restore your Acer to an out-of-the-box state, please follow the steps below:
- Start by typing Recovery in the search window, lower-left corner of the desktop screen. Then click on Acer Recovery Management.
- Select the Restore Factory Settings option from the menu.
- This action will take you to the Acer Care Center window. From there, you need to select Get Started Reset your PC.
- Opt to Remove everything and choose between Remove files and clean the drive or Just remove my files.
- Finally, tap on the Reset button at the bottom of the window and follow the instructions to complete the reset.
Quick note: Ensure the feature is enabled in your BIOS settings .
Read Also: Identify My Computer Model
How To Reset Ram On Acer Laptop
The RAM , the most important part of an Acer laptop can fill up, causing other programs to run slow. To solve the problem, I need to reset RAM using a special program. Heres how to do it:
Resetting RAM on Acer laptop begins with downloading a third-party program like RAM Def 2.6 Xtreme. Save and unzip the file and follow the instructions to install it. Fine-tune the settings to ensure the program sends notifications when the RAM is almost full. Also, click start to initiate the defragmentation process.
Alternatively, clear out the memory cache regularly to prevent idle processes from taking up valuable RAM space. I often do this to keep all the programs on the laptop running actively.
Bonus: Reset Acer Laptop To Factory Settings With Installation Or Repair Disk
You can also factory reset Acer laptop and access the System Restore at boot using Installation or repair disk.
Follow these simple steps to factory reset Acer laptop with an installation or repair disk:
Step 1: Insert the Windows installation media.
Step 2: Restart the Acer laptop, and when the logo appears, press F2. The BIOS settings menu will open. Use arrow keys on your laptop to highlight the Boot menu and move the Installation device to the top by highlighting it and pressing the F6 key.
After selecting the Installation device, press Enter and choose Save and Exit by pressing Enter again.
Youll see the Install screen instead of the lock screen. Select Next after entering the required details.
Step 3: After selecting Next, click on Repair your computer on the bottom-left.
Step 4: Select the Troubleshoot option.
Step 5: On the next screen, Choose Repair Your PC.
Step 6: On the next screen, you will see two options:
- Keep my files
- Delete everything
The first option, as mentioned earlier, will reset only one drive to factory settings, whereas the latterDelete Everythingwill restore the Acer laptop to factory settings .
Choose an option that best suits your needs.
Step 7: Choose the Operating System .
Step 8: You will again have two choices:
- Only the drive where Windows is installed
- All drives
Its up to you to decide. Pick one that best suits your needs.
Step 9: On the next screen, again, you will have two options:
- Just remove my files
- Fully clean the drive
You May Like: Factory Reset Hp Mini
Logging In To Windows To Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop
After resetting Windows password, you can factory reset Acer laptop from logging in.
Follow the following steps.
1. Start by logging in to Windows.
2. Back up the important files in the system.
3. Click on the setting app, then Update & Security.
4. Choose the Recovery option on the left. Click on Get Started under the Reset this PC section.
5. Click on Remove-everything.
6. You get to a section asking if you wish to clean all your system drives select the option that best suits your needs.
7. Follow the guidelines on the screen. Click on Reset for the factory reset process to start.
8. Wait for the factory reset process to complete. The Acer laptop restarts several times as it reinstalls Windows 10. Follow the on-screen guidelines as you set up your details.
Limitations of this factory reset method
Even if this is one of the methods on how to restore Acer laptop to factory setting without a password, the method comes with some limitations. There is no guarantee that the method will be successful in factory resetting Acer laptop without password.
How To Factory Reset Acer Laptop Without Password
Your Acer laptop can be reset to its factory settings without needing access to Windows 11/10. This is an excellent option if you dont have access to Windows, cannot start promptly, or want a quick and straightforward way. Hence, in case you wonder how to factory reset Acer laptop without password, you should follow these steps.
Read Also: Can I Buy A Laptop With Afterpay
Reset Acer Laptop To Factory Settings
Resetting the complete system to factory settings when you forgot password on Acer laptop is never a recommended solution. It is going to permanently erase all the data on the hard disk including all the photos, video or any other files and Apps installed. The procedure takes a long time to complete as it is ultimately a fresh system installation, and the outcome is as good as a new and empty Acer laptop.
If for some reason the above methods do not stand suitable, or you just dont worry about any data loss, but all you care is system access, then you can go for a factory reset solution. Read the method given below to know how to reset password on Acer laptop without disc.
Step 1. Turn on your Acer laptop and instantly press together the Alt + F10 key before the Acer logo appears, to enter the Recovery page.
Step 2. Click the Troubleshoot option, and then select Reset this PC on the next page.
Step 3. Now select the Remove everything option to factory reset which will be sufficient for Acer Aspire password reset without disk.
Step 4. You may choose Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive, where the later will take longer time to reset but both the options will completely erase the data and settings on the PC.
Step 5. Hit the Reset button to begin the process.
Alternatives To Factory Reset
You dont have to do a complete factory reset. There are other options.
One option is to choose to Keep my files over, Removing all when you reset your computer. This keeps your files intact.
Windows can also search for troubleshooting solutions by going to Settings > Security > Troubleshoot. This allows you to focus on specific issues and not reset your entire computer.
Factory resets are a powerful tool. However, it is best to identify the problem and then try to resolve it. If your laptop is experiencing problems, you should consider a factory restart.
Also Check: Connecting Voip Phone To Pc
Learn How To Do A Safe Factory Reset To Solve Issues With Your Laptop
- J. Everette Light Career Center
- Go to Acer Care Center> Recovery Management> Restore> Get Started> Remove Everything.
- Choose either Just remove my files or Remove everything and clean the drive> Reset.
- Backup your data before resetting your laptop, so you don’t lose important files.
This article outlines how to factory reset an Acer laptop and what you should do to prepare.
How Do I Factory Reset My Acer Aspire E 15
FAQ & Answers Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely. Press the Power key to turn on the computer. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Select Troubleshoot. Click Reset your PC. Click Next, then select Fully clean the drive.
Read Also: Itools Mirroring
Situation : How To Recovery Acer Computer If You Can Boot To Windows
How It Works Factory Reset For Acer
You can reset your Acer laptop even if you have forgotten the password. You may lose your data from the laptop while resetting.
You can start the restore process by booting your laptop from the recovery partition or CD.
To do this turn on your laptop, then press and hold down the Alt + F10 key. Once the screen says, Starting Acer Recovery, you can release the keys. Select either a factory backup, a Recovery backup or a recovery from a CD or DVD.
After you select your option, press Enter. Let me explain it to you so keep reading.
You May Like: Taotronics Soundliberty 79 Pairing Issues
Reset Acer Laptop Without Disk Using Windows Password Recovery
If the above method doesnt work for you, not worry at all, Windows Password recovery tool enable you to reset, recover or remove the password of your Acer laptop. These cracking utilities can significantly help you to restore your lost or forgotten Acer laptop password. There are many techniques which can superbly recover lost password of Acer laptop in few easy steps.
You can find a stream of password recovery methods on the internet but how to know which one best suits your Acer laptop. We will guide you to some of the powerful, most effective and trusted third-party Windows password recovery tools.
How To Restore Acer Aspire To Factory Default After Forgetting Password
You may need to reset Acer laptop to factory settings in many situations, like giving it away or cleaning up the system. Normally, this task can be easily done when you can still access the system. What if you have forgotten the login password? So here, Id like to share how to reset Acer Aspire laptop without password, and these ways apply to all Windows 10/8/7 Acer computer.
Don’t Miss: Transfer Iphone Files To Laptop