Graphics And Gaming Tests
We test Windows PCs’ graphics with two DirectX 12 gaming simulations from UL’s 3DMark: Night Raid and Time Spy .
There’s not much to say based on these results: All the systems are roughly equal, but it’s because they’re on the same baseline of integrated graphics performance. They’re all equally capable of light gaming and very light 3D loads, but shouldn’t be relied on for any GPU-based tasks.
Switching Between Display Modes
How to attach 2 monitors to the display mode of my Lenovo laptopWindows render using multiple monitors an effortless task. All you have to do is plug the monitor into the computers appropriate port and begin expanding the desktop to it. Then you can drag and drop the windows between the monitors, too.
On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key + P. From the options available, you have to pick a menu, such as PC screen only, expand, repeat, or second screen only.
Configuring the display settingsSetting the display settings
You must go to the control panel monitor section > right-click any part of the desktop > then click on the screen resolution options. In Windows 10, though, you will find the Show settings option. Now, to ensure the numbers on the appropriate displays, click Identify. 1 corresponds to the main display.
Then continue by clicking or dragging the numeric boxes to rearrange the displays.
In the next step, click the drop-down list of multiple displays > select the menu that you want to duplicate or extend these displays.
Using Advanced Options In Windows 81/8
Also Check: How To Connect Airpods To My Laptop
How To Activate Wifi Adapter In Lenovo Laptop
WiFi problems caused by operating system errors can usually be resolved by driver updates. If you have updated your wireless network card and are still experiencing the same problem, you will need to search for other solutions.
For Lenovo branded laptops, the WiFi card is disabled due to the bios battery usually removed during computer cleaning. As a result, you may not be able to use your wireless card after computer maintenance.
When you reinstall the removed bios battery, you will see that the WiFi card is not activated. In order to enable WiFi adapter in Lenovo PC, you must install the stable software of the manufacturer on your computer.
If the notebook manufacturer does not release Drivers that support the new operating system for older models, you should spend some time searching for compatible drivers over the Internet. To turn on Lenovo wireless card, you will need Lenovos Energy Management software.
Lenovo Thinkpad Dual Monitor Setup Without Docking Station
If you are looking for Lenovo ThinkPad Dual Monitor Setup without a docking station and youre confused about whether you can do the dual monitor setup without a docking station or not.
The answer is you can set up your dual monitor Lenovo ThinkPad setup by using the USB dongle. Still, the limitation of this method is that you can not play high definition video or games on it as the refresh rate of the monitor by using the USB dongle is very low.
To set up Lenovo ThinkPad Dual Monitor without a docking station, you have to connect the monitors to a USB dongle and connect the dongle to the laptop.
Now right-click anywhere on the desktop and select the display settings. After that, click on detect, and the external monitor will be detected.
But if it is not detected, then your graphic card may not support a dual monitor setup
Read also: Are Thinkpad Laptops Good for Gaming?
Recommended Reading: How To Screen Record On A Laptop Hp
Best Lenovo Laptop Cyber Week Deals: Get A Thinkpad T14s For Less Than Half
You’ll also find huge discounts on the flagship ThinkPad X1 Carbon, two-in-one Yoga convertibles and a Legion gaming laptop with RTX 3060 graphics.
Lenovo slashed prices for Black Friday last week and continues many of its deals into December for Cyber Week. Right now, you’ll find big discounts on a wide range of Lenovo laptops, from business-class ThinkPads and two-in-one Yoga convertibles to a well-equipped Legion gaming laptop.
You can also get a solid ThinkPad T14S Gen 2 for less than half-price. Plus, there are a host of ThinkPads on sale, including the flagship ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 and the flexible ThinkPad X1 Yoga two-in-one. And check out the Legion 5i Gen 6, now on sale, which combines AMD’s stellar Ryzen 7 5800H CPU with Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 3060 graphics.
You’ll need discount codes for most of these Lenovo deals, which we’ve listed below, but the codes should appear on Lenovo’s website, too. We’ll keep this page updated with all the latest Lenovo deals.
Read In Detail About How To Start A Laptop For The First Time
- Once you get a new laptop, you will find the setup manual attached in the box. To start the laptop for the first time, follow the instructions given below. The instructions given below will help you perform the manual setup easily.
- Initially, unbox the laptop and connect a power cable to charge the system. Now, switch on your laptop. Wait for the laptop to complete the booting process. Once the laptop becomes idle, the startup screen displays. The first step is to choose your default region & language and then click the Next button.
- If you tap the Next button on the next page, you will view the terms & conditions page. Just click I accept and move to the next stage of the setup process. You can enter your email address in the next phase to explore more information about your system or click the Skip option.
- Pick a color, enter the PC name, and select the Next button. Now connect your laptop to a Wi-Fi network.
- If your system is not shown in the list, then that means that your network is hidden. To expose the hidden network, scroll to the network, and you will view a hidden network at the end of the list.
- The system starts the update. Ensure that you have a proper Wi-Fi connection for performing the upgrade process. Once, the update is done, you can begin to use your laptop.
Don’t Miss: Can I Sell My Laptop Back To Hp
Install Your Favorite Browser
Surfing the web in an unfamiliar browser is like trying to tango while youre wearing someone elses shoes. It can be done, but it aint pretty. Here are direct links for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera if Edge isnt your thing.
Chrome has been our go-to pick for years, but the Chromium-based version of Microsofts Edge upset the long-time champion in our most recent round of web browser testing. Edge is the best browser you can use right now if you dont mind breaking away from Chrome, and better yet, its Windows 10s default. If your tastes lean more exotic, you could always dabble with one of these 10 obscure, highly specialized browsers, too.
Using A Docking Station
How do I attach 2 monitors to the docking station of my Lenovo laptop?Order on Amazon> > Buy on Amazon
If you have the new Lenovo laptop with Thunderbolt 3 ports, with the aid of the Docking Station, you must set up several monitors. Everything you have to do is plug in the docking station with your laptop and the monitors.
The docks come with a built-in DisplayPort or HDMI port. With the USB C to DisplayPort cable or USB C to HDMI cable, you can also connect the second view to your setup.
Read Also: Reset Hp Mini To Factory Settings
How Long Should I Charge My Lenovo Laptop For The First Time
Whenever you buy a new laptop computer or a battery for your laptop, we recommend the batteries be charged for at least 24 hours. This ensures that the batteries are recharged fully and increases the batterys life. It would be a good idea not to fully discharge the battery once it has been fully charged.
Start Page Vs Homepage
First, you should know that for most browsers, theres a difference between the start page and the homepage:
- Start page: The web page or browser interface you see when the software is first launched
- Homepage: The page or interface that opens when you click the browsers Home button
Most browsers are pre-programmed to show default content often a search engine interface — on both the start page and homepage. Sooner or later, however, most users adjust their settings to define their own homepage and start page.
Don’t Miss: Software To Make Slideshow With Music
Can I Have More Than One Homepage
Multiple websites that you frequently visit can be set as homepage tabs that launch simultaneously. And just as with single homepage options, you can set multiple homepage tabs using your browser’s settings options.
To set multiple homepage tabs, refer to the steps provided above for Chrome, Edge and Firefox. But rather than selecting a single homepage, use the option for designating multiple homepage tabs.
Things Do To A Brandnew Lenovo Legion Laptop:
- Make a backup image of the PC’s hard drive
- Update windows to 1909 and BIOS
- Check Lenovo Vantage for updates
- Update NVIDIA DRIVERS and GeForce Experience Game Ready or Studio drivers
- Update Warranty to 3 years by sending receipt and serial number to premium care’s email address. You only need to do this if it only shows 2 years on your Lenovo Vantage app.
- Check for dead pixel
- Check for excessive screen bleeding
- Uninstall any other Antivirus. Windows Defender is enough + Free Malwarebytes
- Check the Webcam and Speakers as well as ports
- Basic but just in case, check if the specs you got on your laptop are correct
Don’t Miss: Can You Connect Airpods To Asus Laptop
Log In With A Microsoft Account
If you have a Microsoft account, log in and click Next. If you want an account but don’t have one yet, choose ‘Create an account’. If you don’t have an account or don’t want to log in, go back to step 2 if you’ve already connected your laptop to the internet. If you chose to set up an internet connection later, you don’t have to create a Microsoft account because you can log in with an offline account.
How To Use Remote Play And Connect Ps4 To Laptop
Heat distribution plays an important role when it comes to graphics cards. You can use a preset fan speed curveball, which makes the fan decrease or increase the speed on the basis of GPU temperature.
In this way, you can safely overclock the GPU without worrying about the damages, as this feature will take care of it by determining the cooling performance when the heat builds up.
This also allows you to save presets to use them later on. In this way, this utility will automatically configure to your desired settings while switching games.
Since all the technical and tiring work of downloading, installing, and setting up the Remote Play is done, now, its time to actually use the Remote play to run your PS4 on your laptop.
Heres what you need to do to get started with the Remote Play:
Also Check: How Much Does It Cost To Lease A Laptop
Know Your Lenovo And Use It Wisely
Well, usually Id be reluctant to say this but sometimes its not your laptops fault Instead, its us who dont know our laptops well.
See, the Lenovo Ideapad 320 is inarguably a starter laptop thats best for beginners who just need to do very basic work, e.g. web surfing, document creating, etc.
But if you plan to use it for significant photo editing, video editing, or high-end gaming, then its no surprise your laptop will run slow and lag.
So my point is: know the limits of your computer and dont expect it to over-deliver, especially on heavy tasks listed above. Use it wisely and treat it well.
Any other tips to speed up a Lenovo laptop? Leave your comments below.
How To Play Ps4 On Laptop Screen Via Remote Play
What if I tell you that the Sony officially launched a way that can make you play PlayStation anywhere? Amazing, right? Yes, Sony has ditched all the Playstation portable thoughts and come up with a rather easy to access idea.
This new idea is to allow everyone to access the Playstation on your phone or PC. Sony named it a Remote Play. So, get your hands on this most awaited feature now in no time. Read ahead to know how you can play via Remote Play.
Also Check: Can You Connect Airpods To A Hp Laptop
Create A System Image Step By Step
1. After launching Backup and Restore, you will see its main page. Click âSet up backupâ to start the backup task.
2. Select your backup drive or click on the âSave on a networkâ to backup Windows 10 to a network share.
Notes: Windows backup does not allow to backup to critical volume which is why some of the partitions will not be listed.network location is supported on Windows 10 Pro or higher version. To backup Windows 10 to network drive, it’s suggested to use a third-party backup software, which does not have this limitation.
3. Select âLet Windows chooseâ, it will create a system image backup with the files on your desktop, user folder, and libraries included. Also, you can choose to create a custom backup with âLet me chooseâ option.
4. By default, it will enable schedule backup to backup system every sundae at 7:00 PM. You can cancel or reschedule it by clicking the âChange scheduleâ option. If it is good for you, click the âSave settings and run backupâ button to perform the first Windows 10 Lenovo laptop backup.
5. Wait patiently untill the task completes. It all depends on the data your have and the speed of both hard drive.
- If you choose to backup Lenovo laptop to the same disk, you will lose your backup when the disk fails. Thus, it’s suggested to backup Windows 10 to external hard drive or network drive.
- The built-in backup softwar only supports backing up disk or volume with NTFS file system.
Set Up A New Windows 10 Laptop Or Notebook
Follow the given below directions to set up Windows 10 on a new PC.
Step 1: Install the bundled battery in its compartment and connect your new PC to a power source. If youre not sure how to install the battery, please refer to the user manual of your laptop.
Step 2: Turn on your PC by pressing the power key on the laptop. In a few seconds, you will see a black screen with the Windows logo at the center of it.
Step 3: The following is the first screen you will see when you turn on a PC pre-installed with Windows 10 operating system. Select your country/region, app language, keyboard layout, and time zone before clicking the Next button.
Step 4: Next is the legal agreement screen. Read the agreement and then click Accept to continue.
Step 5: At the Lets get connected screen, you can connect your new Windows 10 PC to one of the available Wi-Fi networks. To connect, click on a Wi-Fi network name and then enter the password.
If you dont have a Wi-Fi network now, click the Skip this step option. You can connect your PC to the Wi-Fi network even after setting up the PC.
Step 6: Next, you will see Get going fast screen. Here, we suggest you click the small Customize settings instead of the easily visible Use Express settings button so that you can change various settings related to privacy and personalization settings.
Click Customize settings link to proceed to the next screen.
Once done, click the Next button.
You should see your Windows 10 desktop in a few minutes.
Read Also: Connect Laptop To Hp Printer
Get Rid Of Preloaded Programs To Speed Up Startup
If your Lenovo is new and its slow, chances are those bloatware have got you.
I still remember that my Ideapad 320 doesnt come with many software, but has some junk programs that auto start up on their owna little annoying!
Fortunately, those pre-loaded apps and auto-runs can be uninstalled fairly easily.
For example, if your Lenovo is with the latest Windows 10, just select the Start button > Settings> Apps. Then choose the program you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Alternatively, you can use CleanMyPC for the easier way. This program allows you to uninstall programs in batch, time-saving! Also, CleanMyPC can disable those auto-runs that are difficult to remove manually.
The fewer programs/services on the startup list, the faster your Lenovo laptop will load to the first screen.