Connecting An Android Phone To A Windows Laptop Using A Usb Cable:
- In this, an Android phone can be connected to a Windows laptop via charging cable. Plug your phones charging cable to laptops USB Type-A port and youll see USB Debugging in the notification panel. By default, the USB Debugging will be set to charging however, with a tap, you can change it to Files and Photos the wording may vary depending on your device.
- Selecting any of the options will pair the device with the laptop. Windows is likely to automatically install any necessary drivers to allow your Android phone to communicate with your computer. However, in case it doesnt, perform a Google search for phone model drivers and then follow the link of your manufacturer to manually download the drivers. Make sure that you dont download drivers from an unknown source.
- After that, a small window will appear to access the files of your smartphone from the laptop. Otherwise, you can find the paired smartphone as a drive in the Computer > This PC from where you can transfer files and more.
- Once youre done with that, make sure you safely eject your smartphone from the computer. To do so, click on the Safely Remove Hardware button in the System Tray in the lower-right corner of the desktop and select Eject option.
Transfer Files From Pc To Iphone With Itunes
The first option is to transfer files from PC via iTunes. With iTunes, you can transfer various files like videos, photos, music files, among others. Follow these steps for PC to iPhone wireless file transfer.
- First, download and install iTunes on your computer.
- Next, use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once your computer recognizes the phone, click on the âDeviceâ option.
- Then head to the âSummaryâ section and click on the file type you wish to transfer. This could be movies, photos, music, etc.
- Lastly, hit the âDoneâ tab. The files will immediately be saved on your iPhone.
Access Your Windows Pcs Drive From Android Phone And Iphone
If you dont mind going through a couple of technical steps, you can transfer files between your phone and Windows PC without any apps. This also ensures your data is safe no third-party developer can read or compromise its content.
For this method, you will essentially make your Windows computers storage accessible on your local Wi-Fi network. When you do this, your phones will be able to wirelessly read your PCs drive. They can grab data from it to their local storage or move files and folders to it. It sounds a tad complicated, but once you have gone through the initial process, its the most direct secure channel of them all.
To begin, open the Control Panel on Windows and navigate to Network & Internet > Network & Sharing Center. Click Change advanced sharing settings from the menu on the left and toggle on the Turn on file and printer sharing option under the Private section.
Next, launch the Command Prompt program on your PC, punch in ipconfig, and hit the Enter key. Copy the numbers next to the IPv4 Address field. You will need to later type in these numbers on your phone. Send them to your device via email or any other method you prefer.
On your iPhone, fire up the Files app, touch the three-dot menu button at the top right corner, and select Connect to server. Enter your IPv4 address. On the following screen, tap Registered User, and enter your PCs username and password. Touch the Next button to continue.
Read Also: How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With Wifi
To Copy Files From Iphone To Pc With Itunes File Sharing Using Usb:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone your computer and launch iTunes if it doesn’t run automatically.
Step 2. In the iTunes window, click the “Device” tab and select “File Sharing”.
Step 3. Select the app shown in the list from which you want to transfer files to PC.
Step 4. Select the files you want to move to the computer and click “Save to”.
Step 5. Select a location to save the items and click “Save to” to start transferring files from your iPhone to the computer.
Transfer Files From Android To Laptop Via Wifi With Bluetooth
Many people will choose the easiest way to transfer files from Android to laptop or computer. One of the easiest ways is Bluetooth. Before the transfer, please check your computer whether supports Bluetooth transfer. In addition, when you transfer piles of files from Android to PC wirelessly with Bluetooth, it will take a lot of time to finish.
Steps on Android wireless file transfer with Bluetooth:
Step 1. Switch on Bluetooth
– Above all, you’re required to switch on Bluetooth on both Android phone and the PC. Scroll down your Android phone and click the Bluetooth.
– On the computer, go to the “Start” icon and choose the “Settings“, then enter the “Devices” and tap on the “Bluetooth & other devices“. You can turn on the Bluetooth here.
Step 2. Pair Computer with Android Phone
– On the computer, please tap on the “Add Bluetooth or other device” icon. Then choose the “Bluetooth” option. Your computer will detect your Android phone. Then click the “Connect” icon on the computer.
– A passcode will appear on your Android phone and computer. Then make sure the passcode is identical on both devices. Tap on the “Pair” on Android phone and tap on the “Done” on the PC.
Step 3. Send Files from Android to PC Wirelessly with Bluetooth
– Once done, close the page on the computer and then click the “Arrow” icon at the bottom right and you will see your Bluetooth. Right-click and select “Receive a File” option on the list.
Don’t Miss: How To Record Your Screen On Hp Laptop
Transfer Files To Your Pc
Weve learned how to get files in and out from your phone through FTP, now well show you transfer files directly into a shared folder in your computer with ES File explorer. Read our article on how to share folders, if youre not familiar with sharing folders on a local network.
To begin, launch ES File explorer from the application screen. ES File explorer consists of three tabs: a local tab that displays all the files in our phone, a LAN tab that displays all the devices on your local network, and an FTP tab that displays any FTP server on your network. Tap the menu button to bring up ES File Explorer menu, and tap the new button.
Scanning the network saves you from having to specify your computer IP address manually. Your phone will search for any accessible devices on your local network, and displays them under the LAN tab.
You should see all accessible shared folders on your local network.
Go back to the Local tab, and copy the files that you want to upload to your computer.
Copy as many files as you want and ES File Explorer will group these files in its clipboard area.
Go back to the LAN tab, tap the clipboard, and you should see all the files that you just copied.
Tap your menu button to bring up ES File Explorers Context Menu.
Tap Operation, follow by paste, and ES File Explorer will upload all these files to your computer.
Transfer Files From Pc To Iphone With Nearby Sharing
You can also use Nearby Sharing for those devices within a nearby range.
- Go to the âSettingsâ option on your PC and click on the âSystemsâ tab then choose the âShared Experiencesâ option. Ensure you have enabled the âNearby Sharingâ feature. Your iPhone should also have its Bluetooth turned on.
- Then locate the files that you wish to transfer from PC to iPhone. Just right-click on the file and hit the âShareâ > âNearby Sharingâ.
- A list of devices for sharing will be availed. Select your iPhone among the list and let the sharing process begin.
You May Like: How Much Does An Hp Laptop Weigh
Easier Method: Using Another Robust File Transfer Tool
What if you want to transfer many big files while your PC does not support WiFi Direct? To smoothly transfer data, a third-party file transfer tool is necessary.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a straightforward data transfer software, which helps users to transfer files, apps, and settings from one computer to another. Without some complicated steps, what you need to do is to choose the files you want to migrate and then click the transfer button.
Transferring Files Between Android Phone And A Pc: Cloud Services
Another great way of transferring files between Android device and your computer is using a cloud service. Cloud Services such as Dropbox and allow you to upload files from your computer, or phone, and then allow you to access those files from any of your devices. Bear in mind that your data will be stored externally, so it’s not as secure as a simple file transfer between mobile phone and PC. This option is perfect if you plan on syncing files between your devices.
File transfer Android – cloud services. Here’s how:
Wireless file transferTransfer limited data typesExternally stored dataLimited storage space
Don’t Miss: How To Screen Record On An Hp
How To Transfer Files From Android To Windows With Wi
As you’ll need a third-party app to use Wi-Fi Direct, choosing the right option is important.
Feem is a software that has provided Wi-Fi Direct support to Windows PC and laptop users since the days of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Feem is free to use, although it has various premium options. Wi-Fi Direct in Feem is free, as is live chat. However, you can pay to have iOS support, unlimited file transfers, and remove ads.
Using Feem to transfer data from Android to PC or laptop is straightforward.
Moments later, the data will be sent to your PC. It’s as simple as thatand it works backwards, too.
Sending Files From Phone To Windows Pc
How to transfer files from Android to PC using a USB cable?
Lets see how you can transfer files from your Android mobile or iPhone to a computer running on Windows.
1. Plug your phone into your computer via a USB cable.
2. You will see a message about the USB connection in the notification bar. Make sure it is set to transfer files mode.
3. Now double-click My Computer and you will see your phone show up, under Devices and Drivers.
4. You can now move files from your mobile to a folder on your PC.
Read Also: Shutdown Windows 10 With Keyboard
Transfer Files From Pc To Iphone With Mobiletrans
You can employ the best tool to transfer files to iPhone wirelessly. MobileTrans can transfer up to 17 types of data such as photos, apps, music, messages, etc. This app also supports over 6,000 mobile devices that run on various operating system platforms like Windows, iOS, and Android OS. To transfer files from computer to iPhone, use the âImport to phoneâ feature.
Step 1. Connect your phone
Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the computer and wait for the computer to recognize the device.
Step 2. Select the file types
Choose the file type that you wish to transfer and hit on the âImportâ button to add file or folder to your phone.
Step 3. Access your transferred files
You will find the transferred files on your phone for easy access and management.
Bluetooth: Easier Way To Transfer Files From Mobile Phones
The Bluetooth technology is not only good for transferring files between two mobile phones, but also other portable electronic devices. It offers users more flexibility on how they choose to transfer their data.
Many people rely heavily on their mobile devices to take care of work and personal matters. The problem with this is that it can be difficult to transfer files between your device and a desktop or laptop. This is where Bluetooth comes in handy. The Bluetooth protocol allows two devices to connect without physical connection, which makes it easier to share files between them.
Wireless Bluetooth is an open low power radio frequency which can be used to transmit data between devices over short distances. Bluetooth enables the user to transfer files from mobile phones, tablets, and computers without having to plug in any cables or wires.
Bluetooth enabled devices automatically connect to each other when they are within range of each other. Some common uses for Bluetooth would be transferring pictures, videos, and music from one device to another wirelessly.
Read Also: Project Phone To Computer
How To Set Up Hp Quickdrop
1. Once you install HP QuickDrop on your computer, open it and move through the prompts to download the mobile version of the app for your phone or tablet.
2. For easy download, a QR code will show up on your HP computer screen. Scan this code with your phones camera to find the app in your device brands specific app store.
3. Next, youll be prompted to pair the two devices. Use the QR app or camera on your mobile device to scan the QR code on your HP computer.
Android File Transfers For Windows Computers
With Windows, things are as simple as can be. Just plug your phone into any open USB port on the computer, then turn on your phone’s screen and unlock the device.
Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen, and you should see a notification about the current USB connection. At this point, it’ll probably tell you your phone is connected only for charging.
After you connect your phone to your computer, a notification will let you prepare it for transferring files.
Tap the notification and select “Transfer files” or “File transfer” in the menu that appears. If media files are all you’re planning to move, you could also use the “Transfer photos” option, which’ll treat your phone like a digital camera. Once you’ve made your selection, go to your desktop and open up a File Explorer window using the method that makes the most sense for your Windows configuration:
- Open the Start menu and click This PC or Computer
Then look for an icon representing your phone alongside other portable devices and drives. Click or double-click that icon, and ta-da! You’re staring at your Android phone’s internal storage. You can now click around and browse folders, drag and drop files between your phone and PC, or manipulate the data in any way you want.
Your Android phone’s storage looks like any regular hard drive when viewed from a computer.
Recommended Reading: Online Schools With Laptops
How To Share Files From Your Phone To Pc Using Cloud
If you have access to the internet then forget about all other file sharing methods. Because you can use the most efficient way of transferring files.
We are talking about cloud-based file sharing. It is super easy, even your grandma can use it.
Here is how it works:
1. Download the relevant cloud-based sharing and storage apps on both your devices . Some popular ones include Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox.
2. Place any files you want to share in your cloud-based app folders. Set it to Auto-sync on your phone and computer.
3. Now you can share files from anywhere, anytime with anyone.
Super easy, right?
Transfer Files From Android To Pc Via Bluetooth
If you have Bluetooth enabled on both your smartphone and personal computer, then transferring files from Android becomes rather easier. For older laptops model, where there is no in-built Bluetooth or if the Bluetooth is broken or not working, bring in use Bluetooth using a USB dongle.
To start the transfer, go to the âsettingâ option of your Windows, and from there you will have to enable Bluetooth.
Inside the windows tab, you will find the âdeviceâ option. From there switch on the Bluetooth option and allow the Bluetooth device to receive files.
To complete the transfer process, you also have to make sure that the Bluetooth on your Android phone is on. Turning on the Bluetooth in an Android phone is quite simple. You just have to swipe down the Quick setting panel from the top of the screen and long-click on the Bluetooth option. From there you can switch on, detect a Bluetooth option, and eventually transfer and receive files.
Once the pairing is done, your device is ready to send and receive files. Select the file you want to transfer and click on the share via Bluetooth option.
On your personal computer, grant permission to receive the file. After the transfer process starts, do not disconnect the devices until the transfer is completed.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Your Phone Screen On Computer
Transfer Files From Android To Pc Via Wi
Another way to transfer data from android to PC is via Wi-Fi. However, you would require a third-party app.
Set your Android device as a mobile hotspot by swiping down the quick control panel. Switch on the hotspot and connect your computer with this connection.
To complete the process, you would need a third-party app like Feem. Login to the account with an id and password.
Choose the destination device, and click on Send File. Browse for the file you want to send and click Send.