What To Look For In The Best Laptop For Animation
When choosing the best laptop for animation, you simply must have a computer with enough RAM, and a CPU and GPU which are fast and powerful enough to animate, view and render your work.
Now if you are doing 2D animation you are obviously going to need less power, but 3D animation will definitely require the most updated, fastest processors, and lots of system and video memory.
Walt Disney: A Kid’s Book About Having The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams
as of April 7, 2022 4:48 pm
- Android Supported – HUION H610 Pro V2 is compatible with Mac , Windows 7 and above, Android devices . You can easily connect your phone to the tablet with the OTG connector after firmware UPDATED ONLY mobile phone and tablet powered by Android 6.0 or above are supported, while iPhone and iPad are NOT at the moment. NOTE: The cursor will not show up in SAMSUNG at present, except SAMSUNG Note Series.
- Innovative Tilt Control System – Provide you better pressure detection and accurate cursor positioning with different angles, restore the true feeling of painting.
- 8192 Levels of Pressure Sensitivity – Outfitted with Huion’s latest battery-free stylus PW100 of 10mm reading heights 5080LPI in resolution and 233RPS in reading rates, which offers more accurate and natural drawing experience.
- Customizable Shortcut Keys – 8 Customized Press Keys + 16 Customized Soft Keys, all customizable and easy to set up With the two pen buttons, you can set it to the function like eraser as you want 10×6.25 inches sufficient compact working area.
- Online Teaching and Working – Meet all your needs for every subject with online tutoring softwars: Power Point, Wrod, OneNote, PDF… Let’s work more efficiently. Use Huion for for online conference purpose,Web Conferencing, Webinars and Screen Sharing.
Laptop Buying Guide For 3d Rendering And Animation
Animation is one of the most hardware-intensive tasks for an average laptop to handle. Therefore it is imperative to have a powerful enough laptop. There are a lot of things to consider before you buy a Laptop for Animation. This guide is tailored for 2D & 3D Animation softwares such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Pencil2D Animation, Synfig Studio, FlipBook, Procreate, Cartoon Animator 4, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, Modo, and 3ds Max.
The process of converting 2D and 3D models into images and animations is known as Rendering. Having a fast CPU will make your editing experience smooth however GPUs are dramatically faster when it comes to rendering and save you a lot of time. So, in order of priority, this is what you should be looking at on a laptop
Recommended Reading: How To Factory Reset Hp 15 Laptop Without Password
Top 5 Best Computers For Animation
You wont face any difficulties when trying to choose a computer for regular tasks. However, 2D and 3D animation require a far more powerful computer fitted with a high-end GPU, recent CPU and more than 4 GB of RAM. I have compiled this list of the most popular computers for animators that allow you to solve several tasks at once and can run advanced software.
Dell Alienware Area 51m
Dell Alienware Area 51M with advanced specifications uses the latest generation Intel Core i7. This laptop very suitable for you to make 2d or 3d animations that support RAM with 16 GB which can help you save animation projects quickly. This laptop storage has a capacity of 512 GB SSD. This Alienware Area 51M has become one of the favorite laptops for animators because of its super-fast performance.
With a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, you can create animations in HD. What is most proud of this laptop is the very large storage capacity that makes our performance more optimal.
MSI is still the best laptop for animation and graphic design, one of which is the MSI Pulse GL66. This laptop uses an Intel Core i7 CPU that supports animation making programs run very fast. The graphics processor used is NVIDIA which has high performance and is designed to support high-end animation, games, and graphic design.
This laptop has a 15.6-inch screen and is supported by 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of SSD storage. Of course, to rendering the animation will not take long time. This laptop also has a fan cooler that doubles when you use this laptop to work even harder in making animations.
You May Like: How To Connect Canon Mg2922 Printer To Computer
Acer Aspire Vx 15 Gaming Laptop
Acer Aspire laptop integrates a dominant latest generation i7 Intel Core processor with a high-performance NVIDIA graphics preprocessor. It is designed and built to cater for all extreme and high-end gaming, animations and graphics sessions. 15 inches screen size, 256 SSD and 16GB RAM make it a perfect blend of high end performance and quality.
Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
Display size: 15. 6 inches Display resolution: 1980 x 1080 pixels Processor type: Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Hard Drive: 256 GB Solid State 1 USB 2.0 Port Dual fan cooling
ReviewHave you heard of looks that kill? Well this is the case of the Acer Aspire VX 15 laptop. It exploits a futuristic sleek design topped with a striking display screen that puts you in complete command of not only your gaming but also your animation or graphic tasks. Its super-fast graphic capabilities, high-tech audio system, powerful processing and hard-edged design confirm it all.
Best Laptops For Animation Students/graphic Designers/gamers
1. ASUS VivoBook S Thin & Light Laptop
SPECS: Intel Core i7-8550U | NVIDIA GeForce MX150 | 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB SSD | 14-Inch Full HD Display | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Sensor | Windows 10 Home | USB 3.1 Type-C
- Free slots for second RAM and second SSD
- Absolutely beautiful screen
- The GPU could have been better
OVERALLHere is the cheapest laptop for professional animators and gamers. I wont recommend this laptop if you are going to play high demanding new games. The performance is good but not for the ultra legend games. If you are a school animator student, this is the laptop for you. I strongly recommend this laptop to any animator students who are not worrying about the screen size. Note that, the screen size is 14 which is not large enough for animators.For the price and further information about this laptop,
2. Acer Aspire 7 Casual Gaming Laptop
SPECS: Intel Core i7-8750H | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 | 15.6-Inch Full HD LED-backlit IPS Display | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 128GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | USB 3.1 Type-C | Windows 10 Home
- No optical drive
3. HP Spectre x360 13t Touch Laptop
SPECS: Intel Core i7-8550U | Windows 10 Home | 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM | 512 GB M.2 SSD | HD Active Stylus Pen | 13.3-Inch FHD IPS WLED-backlit Touch Screen | USB-C port | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | Backlit Keyboard
- No optical drive
4. LG Gram Thin and Light Laptop
- The speakers are good but not the best
- Its come up with SATA SSD, not the NVMe
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With Wifi
Best Case For A Pc Targeted At Animation
The Case is what will be on display in your office or room. That is pretty much the only thing people or you get to see.
Apart from having it fit all of the Hardware Components, this is one of the parts of Building a Computer for Animation where you can let your personal taste decide.
There are so many different Case styles, Colors, Materials, with or without glass panels and various forms and sizes out there, you can browse for days on end
I have had an excellent experience with Cases from Corsair, such as the Corsair Carbide 275Q or the Obsidian 750D, but that is just my taste in having a professional minimalistic looking case, that also dampens the noise somewhat, so my Workstations run quietly.
Of course, you should make sure your hardware components fit into the case, so be sure to get at least an ATX sized Tower for a standard build, or a bigger Tower if you plan on putting lots of GPUs or Watercooling inside.
Check the form-factor of your Motherboard too, as this will tell you a lot about how big your case has to be.
Q: Which Is Better For An Animation Laptop Or Pc
A PC or workstation is an excellent choice because you can customize it the way you like – feature laptops do not offer. In addition, PCs have relatively large housings that ensure efficient heat flow out of the system, making them thermally efficient. Furthermore, you can upgrade your PC at any time, which is not possible with a laptop. Therefore, if mobility is not an issue for you, get a PC to handle all your animation work. If you plan to travel a lot with your device, invest in a powerful laptop.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! MUO has affiliate and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This wonât affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.
Also Check: Laptop Screen Repair Cost
What Budget Should I Set For A Laptop For Animation
If youre going to be looking at laptops that offer high levels of performance to help you complete your day to day tasks, youll need to be aware that these will cost a fair amount more than a standard laptop. The addition of more powerful processors, extended storage and a graphics card can quickly drive the price of a laptop to $1000 and above.
Weve tried to include laptops from slightly different price ranges today but generally, youll be looking at around $400 for a budget laptop, $800-$1000 for a mid-range option, and $1500+ for a top-of-the-line laptop.
The price of these laptops is so high as they arent solely useful for animation purposes. Youll be able to game on these, edit videos and work on graphic design. While youll pay a bit of a premium if you go for more popular brands, there are still great deals to be found on the cheaper end of the spectrum.
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
If you like the name Predator, you will find that this Acer laptop pretty much lives to that name. It is made with gamers, graphic designers, and artists in mind, thus packing many game-centric features.
Key Features Of The Helios
It has a Core i7, 7700HQ quad-core processor, GeForce GTX 1060 graphics from NVIDIA, a 16 GB RAM/ddr4, which can do a speed of 2.4 MHz, and for storage, there is a 256 GB SSD.
The widescreen measuring 15.6 inches and 1920 by 1080 are great for art and design projects, animation included.
It has a metal cover that ensures protection there are dual fans for cooling the processor and other internal components.
For connectivity and communication, there are the Acer TrueHarmony speakers, SD card reader, Bluetooth 4.0, two USB ports 2.0, one USB port 3.0, one HDMI port, an HD webcam, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2 MIMO technology.
The operating system is Windows 10 Home, and the size of the graphics card is 6 GB.
- The matt screen is antiglare even when using it outdoors.
- Reasonable price considering its specifications
- Predator sense app works great and turns the fans on promptly.
- Easy to upgrade the SSD, for example
Cons Of The Helios
- It does not come with a cable for extension HDD
- Weighing 2.7 kg, that is too heavy
Also Check: How To Free Up Space On Hp Stream 13
Razerblade Ultra Fast Animation Laptop
The Razer laptop encompasses a 15.6 screen with edge-to-edge Full HD display and a thin bezel. The laptop houses 16 GB RAM that can be doubled along with a six-core Intel Core 8th Generation i7 2.2 GHz processor and an NVIDIA GeForce graphics coprocessor with Max-Q design and capable of supporting virtual reality. The graphics coprocessor features 6 GB dedicated memory. The device also offers dual storage of 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. It comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The compact and thin black colored laptop has a CNC aluminum durable unibody. The laptop comes with a Kensington Lock, a full-size backlit keyboard and a heat pipe and dual fans to prevent overheating and for heat dissipation. The device has numerous connectivity ports on both sides that include a USB Type C port, an HDMI 2.0 port, three USB 3.1 ports, a mini display port 1.4, an Ethernet port and a microphone/headphone combo port. The unit renders wireless compatibility with Wi-Fi 802.11 abg. It works with a 65 Whr lithium-ion battery that has a maximum operating time of six hours.
Who should buy this?
- The CNC aluminum unibody makes the Razer laptop apt for people who want a rugged system for their animation related activities.
- The Max-Q design of the graphics coprocessor ensures that the system is definitely worth giving a thought by those who want their animated content to deliver high-quality performance and excellent frame rates.
Yuntab 120 Degrees Hinge Animation Laptop
The Yuntab laptop features an 11.6 touchscreen with IPS HD display rendering wide viewing angles and 1920 x 1080 high resolution. The laptop is integrated with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB memory, as well as an Intel Atom 1.84 GHz quad-core processor and a graphics coprocessor. The existing memory can be increased to 64 GB with a micro SD memory card. It is preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The dark gray colored laptop comes with a detachable full-size keyboard and a 120-degree hinge that allows you to alternatively use it as a tablet. The system is equipped with a media card reader, two 1 W speakers, a front 2 MP camera and a rear 5 MP camera with LED light. The device also incorporates a micro HDMI port, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, an OTG port and a USB 2.0 port. The unit offers Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity. It works with a 7,500 mAh lithium metal battery.
Who should buy this?
- The 120-degree hinge makes the Yuntab laptop a good choice for people who want to share animated content with friends and/or colleagues.
- The inclusion of the rear camera ensures that the device is ideal for those who want to shoot photographs or videos when the system is being used as a tablet.
- The ability to expand the inbuilt memory makes the laptop ideal for those who want a minimum lag time when their favorite content is getting loaded.
You May Like: How To Pair Airpod Pros To Laptop
Apple Macbook For Animation
I know many that would like to get a MacBook Pro. They are popular, and it seems everyone in the Design Industry has a Mac or MacBook, right?
Since this is a topic that is usually heavily fought over with very personal opinions, Ill just list some facts here and let you decide for yourself:
- Cost: The Laptops I recommend down below are at least 50% cheaper but perform better than a MacBook Pro
- Graphics Card: The recommended Laptop have superior Graphics Cards from Nvidia , that you can also use for GPU Rendering in more popular CUDA based GPU Render Engines
- Industry usage: Any serious 3D Studio I have worked and freelanced at so far uses Windows-based PCs and not Macs. Some do have Macs in their Infrastructure, but those are advertising agencies that always outsourced any serious 3D or Animation work.
- Expandability: Laptops can usually be upgraded easier and cheaper
- Repair cost: Laptops can usually be repaired cheaper
- Connectors / Adapters: A Laptop has all of the usual Connectors already built in. MacBooks usually need additional expensive Adapters for anything external.
Now, please do if you have had a different experience. This is what I myself have experienced so far, but I would love to hear from you!
Msi P65 Creator 9sd: Best Laptop For Animation
Notebooks of the Taiwanese company MSI have always been very good value for money. The laptop is really stuffed with the latest technology: it has a powerful 6-core Intel Core i7 9750H processor with a clock frequency of 2600 MHz and a fast discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card with 6 GB of video memory. The 15.6-inch display gives a lively vivid picture in a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels. 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB SSD is enough for current tasks, and for storing applications and a small collection of multimedia. A good professional laptop that can solve any task without extra expenses.
- Processor line: Intel Core i7
- RAM Capacity: 16 GB
Don’t Miss: Hard Reset Hp Desktop
Apple Macbook Pro Huge Storage Animation Laptop
The Apple laptop showcases a 13 screen with a LED backlit brilliant retina display, IPS and True Tone technology, 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution and 227ppi pixel density. The laptop includes 8 GB RAM and comes in two options of 128 GB and 256 GB ultra-fast SSD for internal SSD storage. It is also integrated with a dual-core 7th Generation 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with a maximum Turbo Boost of 3.6 GHz and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 coprocessor. The laptop comes preloaded with the manufacturers own operating system.
The laptop encompasses a force touch trackpad and a keyboard with a butterfly mechanism that renders a quiet typing experience and four times more key stability. The unit houses two USB Type C Thunderbolt 3 ports and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 port. The device supports Wi-Fi 802.11 ac wireless networking, Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology and is compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n. The device is available in two color variants of silver and space gray. It has a battery life of 10 hours when connected to the Internet.
Who should buy this?
- The Apple laptop is undoubtedly worth considering by people who want their animations to be displayed with utmost clarity and true to life color rendition.
- The device is apt for those who do not want to view the animation at a slow pace on their system.
- The high-fidelity audio ensures that the laptop is suitable for people who want the audio associated with the animation to always be of excellent sound quality.