How Laptop Hinge Works
Laptops have two hinges on the left and the right sides of the interface separating the two. Sections of the laptop. Most tablets have only one.Laptop hinges act as the fulcrum which allows the laptop screen to be opened and closed at will.The laptop hinge is prone to being loose because it is always opened and closed whenever the laptop is to be used.
Solution : Check The Output On Your Laptop
I figured that another reason for getting no sound on my laptop was the changed settings for the default speaker. If you have enabled some other speaker as default that you won’t get sound on your laptop. To fix that, you can just go to your system’s sound settings and check the default speaker. Ideally, the default speaker should be the internal speakers of your laptop. If not, you can just make the needed switch from here and check if there is still no sound coming from the laptop or not.
Fix A Broken Laptop Hinge By Disassembling The Laptop
A simple self-trouble-shooting can save you some little cash.
- First, you have to unplug all cables and remove all screws that hold the laptop base to the keyboard.
- Take note of the position of each screw to ease the reassembling.
- With the flat head screw, you can then remove the hinge cover above the keyboard on top of the motherboard.
- Drag the laptop monitor away from the laptop base, unplug the video cable, and unscrew the hinges.
- Replace the hinges with new ones and reassemble your laptop following your previous steps.
Don’t Miss: How Long Is Dell Laptop Warranty
Know Your Service Flaps
Understandably enough, most laptopusers spend all their time looking at the keyboard and the screen.But if you spend a moment looking at the underside of your machine,you’ll find there are maybe half-a-dozen little plastic flaps,secured with one or two screw or slide clips, giving access to thecomponents most likely to go wrong and need replacing. Generally, youcan remove the battery, the hard drive, and add extra memory, and youmay also be able to replace the CPU fanâall without going into theinnards of the machine.
A few years ago, when I crashed thehard-drive on my nearly new laptop, I took it into a dealer for avery expensive repair, which would have involved unplugging thebroken drive and swapping it for a completely new one and probablytook about a minute. Shortly afterward, I discovered I could havedone the same job myself by removing a couple of screws on the baseof my machine. It would have been easy to look up the part number onGoogle or eBay and order myself a new drive at a fraction the price Iwas charged.
Take a few moments to look through the manual that came with your machine. Find out what flaps it hasunderneath and what you can easily gain access to and repair.
Monthly Or Yearly Rates
Others prefer to set up an ongoing account with individuals, like Compute This Online in Winter Haven, FL, who charges $324/year to maintain and support a machine on a monthly basis. People uncomfortable with technology but who find themselves more dependent on it every day find this to be the ideal solution for their ongoing frustration.
You May Like: How To Free Up Disk Space On Hp Stream
Check Task Manager To Fix Screen Flickering
The first thing you should do when your laptop screen starts flickering is to check the task manager.
Press “Ctrl + Shift +Esc” to open the Task Manager on your computer. You can also just type in “Task Manager” in the search function to access the process.
If the Task Manager is not flickering, then it is very likely that the problem could be caused by an application installed on the computer
If on the other hand Task Manager is flickering, then the problem could be caused by an outdated display driver.
Doorstep Collection Of Laptops Customer Data Is Safe
Our service centers are accessible daily and there is no need to book an appointment. You can for our technical support to advise and quote you. If you are urgently needing to use it, we will remove & resolve the problem in such a short time that you will be surprised at our efficiency. Most repair work takes about 1-2 hrs on site.Doorstep Collection Service If you need us to collect from your doorstep the device just call us first. More straightforward cases like screen cracks can be quoted on phone and settled within 2-3 hours & sent back. Some devices like blue screen of death need to be brought down for diagnostics. When you will bring the device to us we will let you know whether the damage can be repaired or net. We can understand how important your laptop is for your task.
Don’t Miss: How To Print From My Laptop To My Hp Printer
Faqs On Laptop Taking Forever To Boot
If you have any questions about this process, the following will help you.
1. Why does my computer take so long to boot?
There are many reasons why your computer takes so long to boot. It may be that you have too many apps in the startup list, you have a virus on your machine, or there is an issue with your computers operating system.
2. How long should Windows 10 take to boot?
Windows 10 generally takes about nine seconds to get to the lock screen, and then another three to six seconds to get to the desktop. On some occasions, it can take up to fifteen to thirty seconds to boot up.
Updated on 2022-01-12 / Update for Fix Windows
Type Of Hinge Problem
I have categorized the hinge related problem into 4 types.
- The housing area of bolts is broken
- The brass- screws holding the plastic holder is broken
- The hinges are broken into multiple pieces
- The Display will flicker or not work properly due to not getting even pressure or a damaged connection to the display. If you move the display, it will work for 3-4 seconds but will start flicker again, and/or the display will be on and off sometimes.
Also Check: Ark Survival Evolved Low Memory
Solution : Disable Audio Enhancements For Speakers
This is another firmware-related issue that can cause sound not working on laptops. While the audio enhancement feature is meant to boost up the performance of your device, it can clash with other components. To fix the Asus laptop sound not working problem, go to its Speakers Properties and just disable all enhancements from here.
Solution : Update The Audio Drivers
Another common reason for the laptop not playing sound could be corrupt or outdated audio drivers. Thankfully, this sound problem in the laptop can easily be fixed by visiting the Device Manager on your system. From here, expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers option, select the installed audio drivers, and choose to update them.
Also Check: Screen Mirror From Iphone To Laptop
What To Do If Your Laptop Taking Nearly 1 Hour To Start Or Even Failed To Start
No laptop should take hours to boot up, and if yours is doing this, there is a serious issue with the system of your machine. The minor tweaks mentioned above will not be able to fix this issue and you are going to have to rely on a third-party tool to fix the problem.
This is where Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius comes into the picture. Made for Windows computers, this software allows you to fix numerous types of problems on your laptop. Whether you have issues with your login screen or your laptop refuses to turn on, you can look up to this software for help. Here we show how you can use this software to fix your laptop that takes ages to boot up.
- Grab the software from its website and install it on your spare computer.
Put in a blank CD/DVD/USB flash drive in your computer, select that drive in the software, and click on Burn.
- When the media drive is ready, boot your problematic laptop from it.
Select Windows Rescue from the top menu bar and then click on Crash after loading bar on the left.
This way, you can fix any laptop or desktop that takes forever to boot up.
How To Check If Your Hinge Is Loose
The common changes observed that lead to a full-blown loosening of the hinge is that at first, you will notice that your computer will feel a little bit easy to open. The little force that is always required to open the laptop may no longer be required.
The screen section will become wobble and drift to a closer or a farther position after you open it. This is one of the few things you will observe before a full-blown hinge loosening.
Don’t Miss: Msi Turn Off Keyboard Lights
How To Prevent Laptop Hinge Damage
- The laptop hinge is one of the laptop parts that gets damaged easily. To lessen the extent of damage, you have to avoid opening and closing the laptop frequently. Doing this often will loosen the screen hooks thereby making the screen wobble.
- Avoid dropping the laptop. This will cause damage to the hinge.
- The hinge can be lubricated to avoid friction. Not all types of lubricants are recommended, so you have to contact your manufacturer to know the best lubricant to use.
- Furthermore, dropping a laptop may damage the motherboard and power button. If you ever experience it, you can try to turn on the computer without the power button.
- Avoid lifting an open laptop while holding the screen.
- Most laptops do not have screws. To tighten or loosen a laptop hinge, please ensure that you use the correct screw size. The hinge is tightened to plastic, so too much pressure should not be applied when tightening to avoid damage to the plastics.
- The laptop screen section is a very fragile area. You should ensure that you open the laptop with care.
- The speed and the force with which you open the laptop matters a lot. Take it easy with the hinge and your hinge will certainly give you an extended lifetime.
- Dont carry the laptop by the lid.
Solution : Reset Your Mac’s Pram
The Parameter Random Access Memory is the non-volatile memory in your Mac that stores vital device and boot details. If the PRAM has been corrupted, then you can encounter the no audio on the laptop problem. To resolve this, just restart or turn on your Mac and press the Command + Option + P + R keys simultaneously. You would have to hold these keys for a while until you hear the second chime on your Mac. This would indicate that its PRAM has been reset successfully.
Also Check: What Laptop Brand Lasts The Longest
Can Laptop Hinges Be Replaced/fixed
Undoubtedly, all laptop hinges can be fixed but, in some cases, it depends on the situation what you should do.
- If you want to fix it by yourself, search a few other sites to see if someone else had the same problem and came up with a solution. YouTube is a good source. Search with your laptop model number.
- If the laptop is expensive or new, I suggest sending it to the repair center as there is a chance of voiding the warranty.
- If the laptop must be disassembled for fixing and it seems to be very hard to do it by yourself, I suggest hiring a technician.
- There is no point in spending $200-$300 for repairing a 5-year old laptop which worths even less money.
However, according to my experience, only a few persons buy replacement parts and then rebuild/repair on their own. Most people will go to BestBuy or Amazon to buy a new laptop after knowing the replacement process or costs associated with hiring a technician.
Solution : Restart The Audio Services
Ideally, audio services are responsible for all the sound-related operations in Windows. If the services are not responded properly in Windows, then you can encounter sound problems on the laptop. For this, just launch the Run prompt and enter the “services.msc” command. As the Services window will open, select the audio services of your system, and choose to restart them.
Don’t Miss: Can You Return Laptops To Best Buy
Best Laptop Fixing Providers In Singapore
We Specialize in fixing a range of laptops here, this list is not exhaustive: 1. Asus Zenbook, Chromebook, Vivobook, ROG 2. Alienware M15, M17 3. Toshiba Protege, Satellite, Tecra 4. Dell Inspiron XPS Series, Latitude Series, Vostro 5. Acer Swift, Aspire, Spin 6. Lenovo IdeaPad, ThinkPad, Chromebook, Yoga Series 7. Samsung Notebook 5,7,9, Odyssey, Flash 8. HP Spectre, Pavilion, Elitebook 9. Microsoft Surface Pro 3,4,5,6 10. Sony laptops
OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTRES If your device is still under warranty from the Official Brand Agents, please do send it there. This should be within the usual 2-3 years of standard warranty. Please do note that their warranty does not cover accidental damage to the device. This includes: 1. Water damage due to spillage 2. LCD damage due to impact or drops 3. Other self inflicted damage to casing
Sometimes these repairs are outsourced & will take more than 5 days to repair the laptop and you will have to suffer from the data loss as they need to format your laptop to do diagnostics.
WHY CHOOSE BREAKFIXNOW? We have been in the market for almost 10 years and have qualified China technicians to assess any issue and solve it. We have encountered many novice freelance service providers who know little about how to deal with the issues and might damage your device further making some data recovery impossible after they touch it. So we advise that if your data is of the ultimate priority please do bring direct to us for us to advise.
What We Fix Here Laptops No Pc
2. Hard drive corrupted and needs replacement or data needs retrieval 3. Keyboard replacement due to keys slowly falling out 4. Motherboard failure and blue screen of death 5. Laptop housing cracked and needs replacement
|Battery Problems||All Laptops require battery changes due to degradation of the lithium polymer within the cell and does not hold charges well|
|Phone No Display|
|Battery power supply for laptops should be changed after 2 years due to low efficiency|
|Water Damage||If you dropped your laptop in the water or spilled something on the keyboard its best to bring it down for a clean up|
Recommended Reading: Hp Laptop Trade-in Value
Where To Buy Laptop Parts And Repair Your Laptop In Accra
If you are in Accra and you are seeking to either repair your laptop or buy replaceable parts for your laptop, there are quite a wide range of locations available for you to choose from. Here, we shall list some of the prominent areas to get these.
You Have Too Many Startup Programs
You might also have too many programs opening when you start your computer. Some of these programs will request permission to run when you boot your computer so that you will use them more often. However, there are some programs that will automatically run every time you turn on your computer without ever requesting permission.
The fix: To find out which programs are set to run when you boot your laptop, go to the Startup tab at the top of the Task Manager window. Here, you will see the application name, status, and its startup impact.
Click the header of the Startup Impact column to see which applications are slowing down your laptop the most. Then select a program and click Disable in the bottom-right corner of the window.
You can also speed up your boot process by closing all your programs before you turn your computer off. This way, you wont have applications trying to start every time you boot your laptop.
Also Check: How Can I Connect My Airpods To My Laptop
Mobile Computer Repair Prices
Most service technicians will come to you, and some of them have a business location you can drop your computer off at for repair at a lower charge.
Lebowitz IT Services in Chicago, IL | $65/hour residential $75/hour commercial
Crescendo Computers Technology, Valley Stream, NY | $150/service call $95/hour after first hour
Midvein Computer Services, Elyria, OH | $50/hour residential $75/hour commercial
You First Tech, Long Beach, CA | $70/hour residential $60/hour drop-off
Questions To Ask A Repairman
Before you hand your computer over to a computer repair expert, there are a few questions you need to ask.
- What are your qualifications and experience? You need to know that the repair person is capable of fixing your issue. You can take a look at locally rated and reviewed computer repair services in your area to find one you can trust.
- Can you save my files? Even if you never lost access to your photos and documents, the repair person should still make a backup, just in case something goes wrong during the repair process.
- How much will it cost? It’s important to get an estimate of your final cost up front. You don’t want to be surprised with any hidden fees. You should also ask about a minimum charge, because some computer issues might only take a few minutes to fix.
- When will it be done? You’ve got to get back to work, so ask for a timeline and hold your repair person to it.
Also Check: Reboot Hp Laptop